Welcome to the DSFA. We’re here to support you on your postings and at home. Whether you’re going overseas for the first time or settled into your retirement, there’s a membership option for you.
In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic and the impact that this has had on staff and families across the globe, we have made some temporary adjustments to our membership entitlements There are no changes to FCDO (including Retired) membership and entitlements.
- PAG partners – who are eligible for DSFA membership while posted overseas – will now continue to benefit from that membership while on temporary draw-down in/return to the UK as well as on subsequent return to Post. Membership will not, therefore, cease (as would normally be the case) when in the UK during this period.
- In addition, during this period, we will waive the £25 per person course fee normally charged for PAG partners. PAG partners will also be eligible to sign-up to the various new webinars at no cost during this period.
- PAG partners remain ineligible for the spouse sponsorship, NetExpat, individual career and business coaching sessions and additional language training allowances, as this funding is provided by the FCDO specifically for FCDO partners.
Annual subscription charges remain unchanged
Types of Membership
Partners of FCDO Officers, and single parent FCDO officers are eligible (subject to some limitations in the case of the latter) for our complete range of services. This includes courses, workshops, advice, coaching and magazine subscription. In addition of course the website, Facebook group and CLO support at post is available.
The DSFA is mainly funded by the FCDO, but we do rely heavily on member subscriptions to continue our work. Your £30 annual subscription ensures you priority for the following:
- Access to the Sponsorship Scheme, which gives grants of up to £2,500 to partners for courses that lead to a marketable and portable skill or qualification.
- Professional one-to-one Career Coaching programmes.
- Additional language training funding.
- Access to the emergency welfare fund.
Legacy DFID partners: you are not currently eligible for the Sponsorship Scheme, Additional Language Training or the NetExpat programme. You continue to be eligible for the DFID sponsorship scheme. We are working to merge our budget to allow us to be more inclusive.
*PLEASE SEE THE NOTE ABOVE FOR CHANGES TO PAG MEMBERSHIP DURING THE COVID -19 OUTBREAK*
Partners of other government department officers posted overseas are eligible for the majority of the DSFA services. Your £30 annual subscription covers advice and support from our team of advisers. The DSFA community is wide open through the Facebook page, the website and of course, Carousel magazine.
Access to a range of courses is also available. If your organisation has not signed an MOU with us (please check with your parent department’s HR), you will be asked to pay £25 per person for each course that you attend. NB: the above course fee has been waived until further notice.
Some services, like the sponsorship, career coaching and language training are not available.
If you are the partner of a retired FCDO officer, or the widowed, divorced or separated partner of an FCDO officer, you are still part of the DSFA community. Your £15 annual subscription allows you access to the Facebook group, website and Carousel magazine. You are also welcome to contact us for advice and support.